A while ago, I shared our recipe for some almost-authentic-tasting gluten-free bagels with a YouTube video as well.
Here’s another take on making gluten-free bagels, but this time we used alternative flours like buckwheat and quinoa! Below the video you’ll find the recipe.
Buckwheat and Quinoa Bagels
2 cups water, lukewarm
3 tablespoons yeast
4 ½ tablespoons sugar
¾ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup quinoa flour
1 ¾ cup potato starch
¼ cup white rice flour
½ cup flax meal
½ cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
5 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons salt
1. Combine water, yeast and sugar and let rise for 10 minutes.
2.Combine rest of ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add in the yeast mixture and mix until combines. Use the hook attachment.
4. Shape into bagels and let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Poach bagels in water a few at a time for approx. 30-45 seconds/ remove and place on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top. Cool and serve.
Welcome to my blog!
writing, photography, and gluten-free goodies