What I haven’t ever talked about, though, is how to put together a delicious ice cream cake.
This idea was one of the best decisions of my life. The chocolate cake tasted more like a dense brownie and melded perfectly with the creamy, vanilla ice cream. (My mom and I thought the combo actually tasted a little like a Reese's without peanut butter…although we weren’t sure how that was possible.) To make things better, the recipe is super easy to put together!
Ice Cream Cake
1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened, original – So Delicious brand, of course)
1 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup amaranth flour
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
1/3 cup cacao powder (I used my favorite brand.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 pint of So Delicious Vanilla Ice Cream (cashew-milk based)
1. Preheat oven to 350°, and set frozen ice cream on the counter.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another. Slowly add dry to wet mixture.
3. Pour batter into prepared (slightly greased) pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Cool cake completely and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
5. Spread slightly thawed ice cream on chilled cake.
6. Freeze for at least 3 hours (or until the ice cream sets firmly).
7. Dig in!
Welcome to my blog!
writing, photography, and gluten-free goodies