AKA the beloved bagel
Our family loves bagels. A toasted Everything Bagel with cream cheese is literal heaven.
Since we’ll be making a batch of these Arrowroot and White Rice bagels for Christmas morning (and since I’ve had a few people ask where they can find the recipe on this new site), I decided to share it! You can view the recipe below.
Arrowroot and White Rice Bagels
4 cups water, lukewarm
6 teaspoons yeast
9 tablespoons sugar
10 teaspoons xanthan gum
4 teaspoons salt
3 ½ cup arrowroot
1 ¾ cup tapioca flour
4 cups white rice flour
1. Combine water, yeast and sugar and let rise for 10 minutes.
2. Combine rest of ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add in the yeast mixture and mix until combined (use hook attachment).
4. Shape into bagels and let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
5. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Poach bagels in water (a few at a time) for about 30-45 seconds. Remove and place on greased (or parchment-lined) baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top. Eat!
Welcome to my blog!
writing, photography, and gluten-free goodies